Fitbit is the world's leading app for fitness and healthcare. The mobile application was developed by American company Fitbit, Inc. in 2014. It has gained great popularity among Android and IOS users, which means that Fitbit indeed helps people lead a healthy way of life.
The goal of the Fitbit app
Basically, Fitbit has been successfully producing smartwatches, various activity trackers, and other devices, which help to measure different metrics involved in doing sports like heart rate, walked and climbed steps, the quality of sleep, etc. Since 2007. However, in 2014 the developers came up with an idea of creating a specialized application that will transform all the company's products into a virtual fitness coach.
And we must admit that they managed to implement this intention. To make a long story short, this app makes you feel a part of the Fitbit ecosystem. Mark our words, once you become a part of it, it's so hard to give it up.
Appearance and functionality
To begin with, there are three tabs in the app:
- "Today" (daily stats such as the number of steps, distance, calories burned, and time of sleep, your workout schedule and your current weight);
- "Discover" (learn about wellness and health programs, as well as premium ones-Fitbit Coach and so on);
- "Community" (make new friends, communicate with other users, join thematic groups);
- Talking about the appearance of Fitbit, it is quite futuristic, which makes a process of using a pure joy.
Let's talk about extremely cool features, which can be used by Fitbit Premium members, which costs 10$ a month.
- Deep sleep insights. You can see time asleep vs. time awake and your sleep schedule. You can also track down your heart rate through the night see the effects of alcohol or caffeine in your heart rate data. Moreover, there is an opportunity to monitor a breakdown of your deep, light, and REM sleep cycles.
- Dynamic workouts. Covering everything from High-Intensity Interval Training to kickboxing and yoga – Fitbit's dynamic workouts are perfect no matter your level of fitness. You can be sure that Fitbit Premium has content to get you sweating, moving, and working.
To sum up, Fitbit is a perfect choice for those who have a desire to keep fit. However, remember the fact that it costs 10$ a month, and if you are ready to pay for a membership, then go ahead and install it on your phone.
- Well-looking design;
- Wide functionality;
- Effectiveness of the app.
- Essential features are fee-paying;
- From time to time, it feels like a young product.